This evening at E3 we were treated to a new trailer for Borderlands 3, which you can watch below:
and in a surprise twist, new DLC for Borderlands 2 was also revealed. Command Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary is available to download right now for those of you who own the Handsome Jack Collection and will be free for a limited time (ends 8th July and will cost £11.99 thereafter). Don’t own the Handsome Jack Collection? Then there’s no better time to get it! Xbox announced earlier today it is now available on the Xbox Game Pass, PlayStation Plus subscribers can currently download it for free a part of their PS Plus subscription, and Steam currently have it 97% off!
“Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary takes place shortly after the events of the main story inBorderlands 2. Sanctuary is under siege, the Vault Map has been stolen, and a toxic gas is poisoning Pandora. You’ll step back into the boots of legendary Vault Hunters Maya, Salvador, Axton, Zer0, Gaige or Krieg to battle new bosses, explore new areas, and collect new loot, including an entirely new tier beyond Legendary. Join up with Lilith and the Crimson Raiders to take on a deranged villain hell-bent on claiming the Vault Map for himself.”
Want more details? Then take a look below!
STORY CONTENT: The villainous Hector and his New Pandora Army want the Vault Map for their own ends, so they’re purging the planet using an insidious toxic gas that turns all those affected into mindless plant zombies. Fight alongside your favourite allies (plus a few new friends) across story missions and side quests alike.
· TOP LOOT TIER: Legendary weapons are lovely and all, but now there’s an even rarer and more powerful tier in town: Effervescent. This tier features high stats, special effects, and some entrancing rainbow textures.
· WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT: With a new top loot tier comes new top loot, including super rare named firearms like a shotgun that fires…well, let’s just say there are ponies and rainbows and explosions.
· ENEMIES AND BOSSES: The toxic gas seems to be doing strange things to Pandora’s bandit and beast populations, mutating them into deadly “Infected” forms. Expect exploding plant monsters, ferocious boss battles, and an all-new Raid Boss!
· AREAS: Shoot and loot your way through previously unexplored Pandoran locales, including the wreckage of a familiar space station and at least one forbidden research lab.
· CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS: Each of the six Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters gets a new head and skin, while the two vehicle types receive three new skins apiece. Stylin’!
· LEVEL CAP: Veteran players can pursue the new level cap of 80 (up from 72), and super hardcore fans can challenge themselves to achieve the two new Overpowered Levels, accessible via Digistruct Peak.